A logo is a visual representation of your business and everything your business stands for. A good logo design has the power to leave a positive impact on potential users/customers. Thus having a great logo is a must for building a compelling brand identity.
To help businesses create logos that convey their brand’s message. We have curated a guide that the best logo designers all around the world can use to craft amazing logos. This comprehensive guide will put you in the same league as the top graphic designers around the world.
How Do Good Logo Designers Think
To create logos like the top logo designers and graphic design services agencies around the world, you first need to understand how they think. Learning from their thought process and how they interpret different design principles can greatly enhance your growth.
The following 5 steps detail the designing process that the top graphic designers use:
#1 Define Who You Are!
To craft a logo that is a reflection of your brand, you must first define what your brand is. By understanding the core of your business you start to get a clear picture of your needs. Defining what your business stands for will aid you in creating a logo that is unique in every way.
Good logo designers ask themselves these questions to understand a brand better:
- What is the reason behind the business?
- What is the code of conduct your company runs on?
- What Unique Selling Point does the brand have?
- What does your brand stand for?
#2 Understand Your Needs
After you have defined who you are and what your business stands for comes the next part. Understanding what you need is key to crafting the logo that best represents your businesses. The following three ways are tactics used by good logo designers to better know a business needs:
- Brainstorm – The power of the collective is often underestimated. Brainstorming is all about churning out new and fresh ideas, good or bad, it doesn’t matter at first. What might seem like a bad idea at first can successfully become a genius one down the line.
- What Does Your User base Want? – The logo that you are designing is meant for the people. Thus it is critical to factor in their ideas while conducting the designing process.
- Quantify The Opinions – The last step in understanding what you need to create awesome logos is classifying all the opinions. After conducting brainstorming and getting user/customer feedback you need to quantify all your thoughts and ideas to streamline the designing process.
#3 Typography Plays A Key Role
Typography is often neglected when it comes to graphic design services. Funny enough, typography is one of the most quintessential elements in graphic UI/UX design. The top graphic designers never make the mistake of neglecting typography in their designs.
New logo designers need to keep in mind the 4 primary types of typographic fonts when crafting their design:
- Serif Fonts
- Sans Serif Fonts
- Script Fonts
- Display Fonts
A logo that has an apt font can do wonders for a business looking to etch its name in the minds of its users/customers.
#4 Pay Attention To Color
Humans have evolved throughout the ages to learn more and more about their visual abilities. Thus it shouldn’t be a surprise to see color play such a vital role in good logo design. Colors can make or break a logo design, therefore understanding colors is a must.
The following are a few colors and their respective meaning in logo design:
- Balck – It is a color that has a sense of mystery and fascination to it. Black has a minimalistic sleek appearance that helps it blend with many use-cases.
- Red – A brand that wants to stand out should use the color red. This color reflects the excitement, intensity, adventure, etc.
- Blue – The perfect antithesis to Red, blue serves as a color that signifies coolness, calmness, and overall chill vibes.
- White – It is the color to go for when going for a minimalistic logo design. The lack of brutal visual-stimulus is what makes white so appealing.
#5 Logo-Brand Integration
After you have followed all the steps above, you will have a clear path to creating a great logo. The only thing that remains now is integrating that logo into your overall brand identity. You can achieve this integration by making sure to create corresponding business cards, letterheads, and other peripherals.
Following the steps described above, you can also craft masterful logos like professional logo designers. A logo is a quintessential part of a business’s identity, thus you must not let anything come in your way of creating an amazing logo for your business.